Plumeyer Bakery Building  

In the late 19th and early 20th centuries, this site was home to two drugstores and a bakery. In 1913, Kathinka Clemens constructed this building to serve as a bakery for A.C. and Helen Plumeyer, who used the second floor as a residence.

Known also as City Bakery, the business operated until 1926. Various businesses later occupied the building, including the B&B Poll Parrot Bootery and Mode-O-Day. From 1928 to 1959, the second floor housed offices of physicians A.J. Hinman and H.E. Karbach.

The brick commercial structure exhibits influences of Craftsman design.

Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2005

   

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 

Official Government website for Comal County 2015. All rights reserved.