Natural Bridge Caverns  

Discovered March 27, 1960, by four students of St. Mary's University, San Antonio.

Named for the rock bridge that marks entrance. Dedicated on August 5, 1964 by Governor John Connally. Of early cretaceous age; still forming.

Site of artifacts from 5000 B.C., and human remains at least 8,000 years old; also Indian campsites. 1967

 

Marker Location: from New Braunfels about 8.5 mi. west, caverns located on FM 1863

Historical Marker Information During Application (abbreviated)

           

 

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 

Official Government website for Comal County 2015. All rights reserved.