Original site of Mountain Valley School

 

The original Mountain Valley School was located at this site for 83 years. In 1874, Carl and Matilda Marschall sold one acre to Fritz Krause, Fritz Pantermuehl and Joachim Pantermuehl for use as a school.

The nearby Jacobs Creek School joined the new school in a one-room log cabin, which served from 1874 until 1883, when it was converted into a teacherage and a new school, which also served as a church meeting place, was built.

In 1956, the county reorganized the school district, closing the small, rural schools that had served their communities for decades.

The district sold this property in 1962. (2002)

 

Marker Location: New Braunfels/Sattler/Canyon City, 14300 River Road

 

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 

Official Government website for Comal County 2015. All rights reserved.