Main Plaza Bandstand  

     Following a petition by local residents, the City of New Braunfels built its Main Plaza Bandstand in 1905.

     Neo-classical in design, it originally served as a stage for summer evening concerts by the Waldschmidt Fire Department Band. In 1926, with funding provided by the Women's Civic Improvement Club, workers raised the pavilion on a limestone base so a ladies restroom could be constructed with windows for light and ventilation.

     Today, the bandstand is a focal point in the city's landscape, symbolizing the central role music and community events played in the history of New Braunfels.

     Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 2003

   

Click on the photos for full size view

 
 

Official Government website for Comal County 2015. All rights reserved.