Comal County Commissioners Court Agenda March 23, 2017
NOTICE OF MEETING
COMMISSIONERS COURT OF COMAL COUNTY TEXAS
NOTICE is hereby given that a REGULAR meeting of COMMISSIONERS COURT
will be held on Thursday, March 23, 2017 at 8:30 AM in the Commissioners
Courtroom, 100 Main Plaza, New Braunfels, Texas. You may visit our
website at www.co.comal.tx.us for agenda postings.
Before each regular session will be an invocation and pledges to the
flags. All persons in attendance are invited to participate or not at
their own personal discretion.
CALL TO ORDER:
8:30 AM ACTION AGENDA:
The following subjects will be discussed, considered, and acted upon:
1. Approve Claims.
2. Proclamation Recognizing the Canyon Lake Noon Lions for Forty
Years of Service to Canyon Lake, Comal County, Texas.
1. Citizens’ Comments. (Citizens’ Comments are limited to three
minutes per person. Pursuant to the Texas Open Meetings Act, the Court
is limited in its ability to respond to Citizens’ Comments.)
2. Reports by County Staff and Elected Officials on items of Community interest.
ACTION AGENDA CONTINUED:
3. Discuss and consider approval of the Amendment to Plat of Canyon
Springs Resort, Unit No. 3, combining Lots 1, 2, 3, 4, 28, 29 and 30 of
Block 39, establishing Lot 1R. (Pct.1)
4. Discuss and consider final approval of the plat of Pantermuehl
Subdivision, and accept dedication of right-of-way to the public along
FM 306. (Pct. 4)
5. Discuss and consider approval of Treasurer's Monthly Report for
6. Discuss and consider approval of refunds (over $2,500.00) of ad
valorem tax overpayments or erroneous payments and authorize the Comal
County Tax Assessor-Collector to remit refund payments.
7. Discuss and consider approval of US Army Corp of Engineers
Modification of Contract W45XMA60964150, and authorize County Judge to
8. Discuss and consider approval of Agreement for Law Enforcement
Services by and between Comal County, Texas and Comal County Water
Oriented Recreation District, and authorize County Judge to sign.
9. Discuss and consider approval of Resolution 2017-12 In Opposition
10. Discuss and consider authorizing the Justice of the Peace Pct. 2
courtroom as an auxiliary court for the holding of Child Protective
Services court proceedings in accordance with Local Government Code
11. Discuss and consider approval to fill vacant Probate Auditor
position (N8) at pay step 4. No budget amendment necessary.
12. EXECUTIVE SESSIONS:
In accordance with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code,
Subchapter D, Commissioners Court may convene in a closed session to
discuss any of the following items; any final action or vote taken will
be in public.
(A) Deliberate and consider the purchase, exchange, lease or value of
real property, in accordance with Section 551.072, of the Texas
(B) Deliberate issues regarding economic development negotiations in
accordance with Section 551.087, of the Texas Government Code.
(C) Deliberate pending/ contemplated litigation, settlement offer(s),
and matters concerning privileged and unprivileged client information
deemed confidential by Rule 1.05 of the Texas Disciplinary Rules of
Professional Conduct in accordance with Section 551.071, of the Texas
NOTE: Commissioners Court reserves the right to retire into executive
session concerning any of the items listed on this Agenda whenever it is
considered necessary and legally justified under the Open Meetings Act
(Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code).6, 2017
NOTE: Persons with disabilities who plan to attend this meeting and
who may need auxiliary aids or services such as interpreters for persons
who are deaf or hearing impaired, readers, or large print, are requested
to contact the Commissioners Court Office at 221-1107 at least two (2)
days prior to the meeting so that appropriate arrangements can be made.